Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Peedee and Tiny Tim-Spring Time

Well most of you know who Peedee is. I use to write about him allot in the McCory paper. Peedee is doing great. I've added a little Buddie to the Whiteford house back in Nov. 07 his name is Tiny Tim. In 2005-2006 I started volunteering at the Animal Shelter here in Heber Springs. In 2007 I was asked to be Director because the previous manager was having allot of issues along with all the workers there had the same problem. So I agreed. I fired all of them there and hired a crew that still are the best group of people you can find to manage a shelter. I wasn't there long till I got to find out first hand what a Puppy Mill was. I went to Clinton and picked up 30 out of the 143 animals found in a woman's home in Clinton Arkansas. This was this woman's 2ND puppy mill to stop operations. A few years before she had over 300 dogs in Prim Arkansas which is full of puppy mills to this day. But anyway I saw this teeny tiny little tea cup chi chi dog in a kennel where everyone was bigger than him. He was so poor and had no muscle mass. He ate the other dogs poop because everyone ate the other food up from him. My heart sank and knew I had to get him out of this shelter where all the puppy mill dogs were being housed or he was going to die. I picked him up and he and I fell in love with each other. I asked the shelter manager and she told me I could foster him till the trial was over. Well one year later the lady got her hand slapped a $5000 fine and never served a day in jail. Puppy mill owners often have mental illiness as hoarders as well. She had freezers full of dead dogs and they were not working. She had snakes with their heads cut off in freezers. She had dead puppies in coke cans with the tops cut off. She had opened her females to count the puppies so she could get the deposits on them. Her dogs lived in feces and urine that no human could imagine. The feces was so deep in the house you couldn't tell where the beds and comodes where in the house it was up to your knees. There was dead puppies in cages with their mothers. It was the most disturbing thing I'd had ever been involved in.

But Tiny was mine she didn't get her dogs back. After a year in court. Tiny had been a stud for her and she got $2000 every time she bred him, he cost her nearly $3000 but Tiny had been so over bred he had testicle cancer. I had to neuter him which was what I wanted to do anyway. Well Tiny till is very scared of people sometimes. He takes special care because he is so little. He's only 2.9 pounds and is now 5 years old. He is very healthy. He loves me and I never knew I could love an animal so much. Spring is a good season for my dogs because they are sensitive to cold weather but Spring lets them be able to run in the yard and sit out on the fenced in deck. Also it's the time for checkups at the vets office, teeth cleanings, and test.

Because of what happened to Tiny and I know first hand what puppy mills are about. I went on to Animal Cruelty Investigator training and now I am certified to do Animal Cruelty Investigations for AR,TX,OK, and LA I also went on and received training as a Certified Animal Control Officer. I have made it my life's dedication to help stop Puppy Mills and animal cruelty in my state. Peedee is like Tiny's big brother and Tiny loves him very much. I hope someday God answers my prayers and lets me have my own rescue center and no kill shelter here in Cleburne County.

Stop buying those cute little puppies in Walmart parking lots, pet stores, or Internet. 99% of the time these puppies come from Puppy Mills. Adopt from a animal shelter go to www.petfinders.com
Well until next time. Tanna,Peedee,and Tiny